Saturday, January 2, 2021

My Health Goals for 2021

 Happy New Year everyone!! 2020 was a hard year for everyone around the world but now is a chance to start fresh and create some goals for the coming year. The second half of 2020 for me was focusing a lot on my health. In the context of this post, health means my chronic illnesses, my pelvic floor dysfunction, and eating an anti-inflammatory diet. I plan on making 2021 a year about focusing on my health, listening to my body, and hopefully minimizing my pain. So, for my first blog post of the year, I wanted to share some health goals I have for myself!

  1. Continue going to pelvic floor physical therapy regularly 
  2. Do all the stretches, exercises, and techniques my PT gives me every day
  3. Try harder to eat an anti-inflammatory diet (it was so hard around the holidays!)
  4. Talk to my college's dietitian about foods I should eat while at school that won't work up my dairy, sugar, and gluten sensitivities 
  5. Get out for walks more
  6. Drink 64 oz or more of water every day
  7. Continue taking the supplements that are helping my urinary tract health
  8. Get plenty of sleep every night
  9. Make sure I don't overly stress myself out since that works up my endo pain
  10. Continue writing and posting a blog post every other week
  11. Bonus: Try my best to achieve all these goals, but not be too hard on myself if I miss a day!
If you want to focus on improving your health like me this year, then I recommend making a list like this and sticking to it. I chose goals that I think are attainable for me because I have already been doing them, so make sure you are making goals that are attainable to you, and don't be too hard on yourself. I make a to-do list every day because it keeps me motivated to check things off my list and so I know I've completed everything I wanted to for the day, so I recommend that too. I hope you have had a great start to the new year and I'm wishing you all happiness, safety, and health in the year to come!







No comments:

Post a Comment