Friday, July 30, 2021

Chatty Catch Up (COVID, School, Keeping Busy, and Health Update)!

 I've been really busy with work this week and getting ready to go on vacation next week, so we're doing a quick, chatty blog post today with no real rhyme or reason, but sometimes those are the best ones :)

I first just have to say that summer is going by SO FAST! I feel like I just got out of school, which was at the beginning of May, and now I'm starting to prepare to go back to school. Although I am very excited to go back to school with hopefully fewer COVID restrictions than last year, of course, I will follow anything they ask us to do if it means I get to go to class in person. Luckily I go to a small school, so it is a little bit easier to manage and mitigate the spread of the disease. My school is also requiring the vaccine for everyone unless they have a medical or religious exemption. I know that is a controversial topic, but I honestly appreciate it being immunocompromised. How is your school/work handling the vaccine? If you are immunocompromised, are you happy with their decision?

That brings me to my next point. It's now being speculated that the CDC is going to recommend we start wearing masks again even if we are vaccinated. I honestly don't know how I feel about this, but I always want to be as safe as possible, so I'm just going to follow whatever the experts say to do. 

Switching gears, I've been thinking a lot about the fall semester and how much I've agreed to take on and it is honestly very daunting. I'm in four clubs at school and I have a leadership role in all of them. I'm starting my volunteer work as a peer health educator which I'm very excited about. I get to move in early and start all the training for that in only a few weeks! I'm hoping to get my job back this semester as well. I have student employment as a receptionist, but I wasn't able to work all of last year because my office wasn't able to physically distance. Then finally, I agreed to stay on with my internship this fall! While this is many things I've agreed to do on top of school work, I love all of them and can't imagine giving any of them up, so we're just going to make it work. 

I find that keeping myself busy is actually a very effective form of pain management and I've used it since I was diagnosed with endometriosis at the beginning of high school. It sounds so weird and I don't know if anyone else is the same way, but I feel like I feel worse when I'm just sitting around doing nothing. I think it's because I can actually focus on my body and not just ignore the pain since I'm so busy. 

I've still been working hard at pelvic floor physical therapy this summer while I'm home. I have all my PT tasks I have to do every day written on my to-do list so I can make sure I'm getting them done. (Side note, I seriously cannot live without a to-do list now. It's kind of a problem but a good problem). Just like in the winter, I'm hoping to make even more progress before going back to school. I said this on my Instagram, but I finally brought up my tailbone pain to my primary care doctor and she referred me to an orthopedist! I'm in the process of having all my medical notes sent over from my pelvic floor physical therapist and my chiropractor, then I'll be all set for my appointment toward the middle of next month. I'm feeling hopeful because I will probably be able to get an x-ray and MRI so we can pinpoint the issue.

I think I've talked long enough and you've all gotten the rundown on my life as of right now, so thank you for reading if you've made it to this point, and feel free to DM me if we want to chat about anything!

Follow me on social media!

Instagram: @endoisnottheendblog

Twitter: @endoisnothend

Facebook: Endo Is Not the End


No comments:

Post a Comment